Wisdom Teeth Removal In Maryland & Washington, DC – Where Every Procedure Has A Top-Rated, Dedicated Anesthesiologist
Just Wisdom Teeth announces safe and professional wisdom teeth removal in Maryland and DC. Just Wisdom Teeth believes in affordable, high-quality dental care for everyone. While many dental surgeons administer anesthesia themselves during wisdom tooth extraction, Just Wisdom Teeth has dedicated anesthesiologists to ensure patients’ safety and comfort throughout the operation.
What Is Wisdom Tooth Extraction?
Wisdom tooth extraction refers to a surgical procedure to pull out a wisdom tooth. These are the four adult teeth at the furthest end of the mouth. When a wisdom tooth lacks enough space to develop, it is referred to as an impacted wisdom tooth and may result in infection, pain, or other dental issues.
The most effective treatment for an impacted wisdom tooth is extraction, usually performed by a dentist or oral surgeon. To avoid potential future complications, oral surgeons or dentists may recommend wisdom tooth removal even if the tooth isn’t currently problematic.
Reasons for Wisdom Teeth Extraction
The primary reason for extracting a wisdom tooth is to correct an existing problem or prevent future problems. Some of the issues associated with the development of wisdom teeth include:
- The jaw may not be large enough to accommodate the wisdom teeth, making them impacted and unable to emerge from the gums.
- The wisdom teeth could break partially through the gums, resulting in a flap of gum tissue growing over them. Bacteria and food particles may get trapped under the flap, leading to red, swollen, and painful gums.
- Impacted wisdom teeth can lead to more severe issues like infection, cysts, or damage to other teeth.
- The wisdom teeth may grow at an unnatural angle, where the top of the tooth faces sideways, backward, or forward.
Our Team of Doctors at Just Wisdom Teeth
Just Wisdom Teeth has a team of experienced dental professionals dedicated to offering the best possible care for their patients’ wisdom teeth. They have helped more than 30,000 patients with wisdom teeth removal in Maryland and Washington, DC, along with other various dental care needs.
The team includes:
- Hyoung Keun Kim: A dental surgeon with more than 15 years of experience, specializing in sedation dentistry and wisdom teeth extraction
- Iwin Chu: A dental surgeon specializing in wisdom teeth extraction of more than 30,000 teeth on over 16,000 patients
- Jonathan Bacon: A dental anesthesiologist with extensive dental anesthesia experience dedicated to providing exceptional quality patient care
- Monica Silva: A dental anesthesiologist who complete her residency at Wyckoff Heights Medical Center and is a clinical instructor at the University of Maryland
For More Information
To find out more about professional wisdom teeth removal in Maryland and DC or schedule an appointment with one of the experienced dental professionals at Just Wisdom Teeth, please contact the clinic at (301) 719-5890. Our dental professionals will advise you on whether wisdom tooth extraction is the appropriate treatment for your dental problem.